In Pennsylvania last year, companies of all sizes and from all industries hired more than half a million temporary workers to meet their immediate, short-term needs, according to the American Staffing Association. That’s enough people to form the second largest city in the state!
At TriStarr, we see that businesses are finding that hiring temporary workers can reduce their labor costs, unemployment claims and time spent on recruitment. And more workers are finding that the flexibility of short-term assignments aligns well with their personal schedules and lifestyles.
Our temporary staffing agency’s job is to identify the best employees we can to meet the immediate and often specialized needs of our clients. Among the most in-demand temp staffing jobs are those in accounting and auditing, information technology and office management. At TriStarr, we have qualified and ready-to-go workers in these and many other administrative and professional areas.
We look for a number of good qualities in hiring staff for temp jobs, but the following are the ones we see over and over again in our best performers:
- Positivity – Regularly walking into a new workplace, learning new processes and forming new relationships require patience and an upbeat attitude. This is arguably the single most important trait of a temp worker, and we look for it in every candidate.
- Flexibility – Temp employees must be ready to report to new jobs on short notice and adjust quickly to new work environments, processes and procedures, duties and co-workers.
- Dependability – The employer has requested the temp to provide skills for a vital role, so arriving as promised and on time is of paramount importance.
- Technical Skills – Temps must have the specific capabilities the employer needs. At TriStarr, we test them for knowledge and skill related to their areas of expertise.
- Self-Motivation – Temp workers must be able to work independently, be willing to routinely learn new concepts and grasp those concepts quickly and thoroughly.
- Communication Skills – Temps have to collaborate with new co-workers on an ongoing basis and be comfortable asking the necessary questions to get the job done.
- Diligence – A strong worth ethic guarantees that a temp worker is dedicated to exerting constant effort to accomplish what is expected of them from the employer.
Our evaluation processes help us deliver an enviable success rate—high-level work performance and low turnover—when placing temporary staff. These assessments not only save our clients time and money, but they also increase the likelihood of employees’ on-the-job success. That’s why all of our workers go through a six-step evaluation process when they register with our temp staffing agency.
Whether you’re in need of temporary administrative staffing or short-term professional and IT staffing services, TriStarr provides experienced specialists in fields including finance, technology, human resources, marketing and sales.
With TriStarr, a professional temp and recruiting agency in Lancaster, Pa., and serving Harrisburg, York, Lebanon and Berks County, you can count on us to find the person best suited for your temp job and your company. Our temp staffing and recruiting services are backed by our Good People Guarantee. If you’re not 100% satisfied, we’ll replace the person or refund your money. Contact us online, or give us a call at (717) 560-2111.