You may not be Disney, Coca-Cola, Apple, or Google, but your company has a brand, whether it’s actively managed or not. And your brand extends beyond customers or clients—it reaches employees, too, including the ones you most want to recruit.
In fact, your employer brand isn’t necessarily the same as your company brand. The former is a perception among members of your staff or work force, while the latter is a perception held by your clients or customers.
What attributes make up your employer brand? For most companies, these include their mission, values, company culture, workplace environment, and salaries and benefits. These are areas a company should focus on when working to establish or improve its employer brand.
Advantages of a strong employer brand to job recruitment
A vital but often neglected part of job recruitment strategies is convincing candidates the company is a good place to work. That starts with developing a strong employer brand, one that:
- Creates initial enthusiasm among job seekers in working for your company.
- Appeals to candidates during the selection process and increases their interest in the job.
- Maintains or improves retention of your current employees.
- Saves money on recruiting costs because you can fill positions more easily.
Presenting your employer brand to job candidates
Conveying your company’s brand to prospective employees also is important and should be part of your job recruitment strategies and communications.
- In recruitment messages, accentuate the positive qualities of your company, e.g., mission, values, benefits, etc.
- Establish positive relationships and communications with candidates in person, by phone and email, and on LinkedIn.
- Use social media to demonstrate your employer brand as well as your company brand.
- Regularly monitor and manage your company’s online reputation.
- Check on comments on your Facebook page or Twitter account. Acknowledge both positive and negative comments promptly, and take corrective action as needed.
- Subscribe to a web-monitoring service that alerts you when your company is mentioned online. (Some, like Google Alerts, are free.)
TriStarr, where recruiting good people is guaranteed
The team of professionals at our recruiting/temp staffing agency and HR consulting service truly enjoys what it does for our clients: finding candidates who excel in their fields and hiring qualified temporary employees. That’s why we will compare our performance record with that of any competitor.
We actually back our recruiting with our Good People Guarantee. If a TriStarr client isn’t pleased with a professional we have recruited, our guarantee takes effect. Our recruiters (aka headhunters) will replace the person with another candidate at no cost or provide a refund. We can confidently make that pledge because, even though good people can be hard to find, our skills and processes invariably lead us to candidates who are the best fit.
If you would like help with finding the right candidates in a tough job recruitment market, contact us online or call us at (717) 560-2111. TriStarr job recruiters are ready to help you as we have so many other clients in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Hershey, and Reading areas.