A non-profit in downtown Lancaster wroking with women and children is looking for a part-time Program Director. The program director is responsible for the oversight and coordination of all aspects of the in-house and aftercare components of the program, including the planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating of program activities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Facilitate a cohesive delivery of services to the clients that adhere to the organization’s core values
• Develop long-term goals, new initiatives, and innovative approaches to service provision that aim to further the mission and appropriately respond to ever-changing community needs
• Participate in strategic planning with the Executive Director and Board of Directors
• Coordinate and carry out all portions of the intake process in tandem with the Case Manager: screen referrals; carry out family intake assessments; utilize appropriate screening tools; make recommendations for care; assist with moving-in and orienting new families
• Develop and utilize evaluation tools that assess program strengths and areas for improvement
• Analyze program trends and report findings from evaluation and assessment tools to the Executive Director; Collaborate and make recommendations to enhance the program effectiveness, as appropriate
• Ensure that program operation, policies, procedures, activities comply with relevant legislation and standards of practice, as well as align with the mission and core values of the organization.
• Attend relevant trainings to ensure up to date service provision and to maintain or further licensure, if applicable
• In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, hire, orient, and supervise Case Manager and House Manager positions
• Coordinate management and supervision of BSW and MSW interns
• Oversee volunteers with Case Manager that provide resources to clientele
• Develop and oversee the use of all programmatic forms and documentation
• Oversee the collection, maintenance, security/storage of client records
• Ensure maintenance and confidentiality of relevant personnel and client files
• Input relevant data into database
• Cumulate quarterly client reports for Executive Director. Spend time with Executive Director assembling annual report.
Community Development & Outreach:
• Maintain and develop working relationships with community partners and volunteers who will work to support various aspects of client lives (housing, childcare, mental health, employment, assistance, custody, PCP, etc)
• Coordinate the delivery of services with other providers and continually seek out and have awareness of available community resources, with aid of Case Manager
• Act as a resource for those looking for more information about the organization; provide referrals to other agencies when applicable; be a spokesperson for the organization in the community and attend events, as applicable
• MSW or Masters degree in related field; licensure preferred
• Previous supervisory experience
• 2-3 years experience in social services, preferred experience with housing services or homeless populations
• Clearances (PA State Child Abuse Clearance, PA State Criminal Background Check, FBI Clearance)
• Strong creative problem solving and leaderships skills
• Ability to successfully set and meet deadlines and manage time with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Must have knowledge of emerging trends in social services and basic knowledge of trauma and trauma-informed service provision
• Must possess the ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
• Sound computer skills; well versed in MS Office.
• Must have the ability to work flexible hours, access to a vehicle, and valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
Great PT opportunity for an experienced social work professional!