Frequently Asked Questions
All employers are required by federal law to verify the identity and employment eligibility of the people they hire. E-Verify is a quick and accurate way for employers to verify the information you provide on your I-9 Form. Your information is compared to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. The verification takes just seconds to process, and if your information matches, you are eligible to work.
Assessments are an essential part of the process we use to ensure that we present the best candidates to our clients. All candidates are required to complete skills tests and personality assessments. The results of these tests, along with our candidates’ skills and experience, education, and background checks, are used to make presentations to our clients. Our best candidates most often score best on our tests, and if you have the skills, your tests always show that.
TriStarr gets new requests for employees from our clients every day. Check the Search Jobs section of this site regularly for updated job postings.
TriStarr has jobs available in Lancaster, Harrisburg, and York, PA, as well as other areas in central and southern Pennsylvania. We are also a recruiter for professional positions nationwide.
TriStarr temporary employees are paid weekly when their timecards have been received by 2:00 p.m. on the Monday following the week that they worked. Details will be given at your orientation.
There are never any costs except for some background checks and flu shots.
Through our different lines of service, TriStarr fills a variety of positions:
- TriStarr Administrative Staffing: Gives qualified and motivated administrative talent access to rewarding office and clerical positions on a temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire basis.
- TriStarr Professional Staffing: Gives experienced project professionals access to rewarding jobs in fields such as finance, technology, human resources, marketing, sales, operations, plant management, and quality control.
Use this link for directions to our office.
The staffing industry uses specialized words to describe how different positions are staffed. Here are some terms that you might find on our website and job boards:
- Temp or Contract:This means there is a specific start and end date. In a position like this, you are a TriStarr employee working on location at another company for a specified amount of time.
- Temp-to-Hire or Contract-to-Perm:In this type of position, you would begin as a TriStarr employee, working on location for another company. After approximately three months of proving yourself on the job, the client has the option to hire you permanently. This is a great opportunity to ensure the fit is right for everyone.
- Direct Hire or Permanent: In this scenario, TriStarr recruits candidates and coordinates interviews with our clients. Upon hire, the candidate becomes the company’s employee from day one and would not work for TriStarr.